Tuesday, March 3, 2009

New Crib

Both the crib we used for Tade and the crib we used for Ashlynn were either hand me downs or yard sale pick-ups, which were fine and they worked, but when we moved Ash out of hers last year I told Eric to take it to DI because I wanted a new on for our next child. Well, as I've started trying to get ready for this kid I have regretted that decision, especially because I had Eric take the mattress with it. But a few weeks ago we found a new crib that was somewhat expensive (although I think $10 for a new shirt is expensive), but well worth the money. My only regret is that we didn't buy this crib four years ago so that we could have used it for all our children and really gotten our moneys worth. Oh well, you live and learn right. So here are some pictures of it because I am really excited about it. We set it up right when we got it just to make sure all the parts where there, which was a good thing because we were missing a bolt. (I, normally, would have called it a screw, but Eric corrected me so many times saying, "It is not a screw. You can't screw it in to the wall." Whatever! It's all the same to me.) Anyway, I just picked up a new mattress today and had to see what it looked like with bedding. No we still don't know if we are having a boy or girl, but I got this crib set for Ashlynn and didn't get to use it very long because the first year of her life she slept in a playpen in what was then her room/ the computer room, so I really want to use it. Plus, my boy set isn't very cute. In the next month or two we will, hopefully, decide if we are going to stick Ash and Tade together or Ash and the baby (any advice?) and then the crib can come up from downstairs.

9 comments:

Alli said...

Ohhh. I love the new crib. we have to get a new one too! yippie.. nothing like getting a new crib with my last right?!! love the bedding. it is darling!

Glad your birthday was so great! it's nice to be able to sleep and get breakfast.. yummy! :)

Stueller said...

Cute Crib!!! Glad I found your blog :)

ashley said...

So exciting! And LOVE the bedding; it'll be perfect for your little girl... ya know, the one we all know you're having (jk). And just think, you can use THIS crib for your next five kids!

Ap said...

Super cute crib! I thought the pictures were the professional ones :)

AmbertheGreat said...

The bed is really cute! I hope you have a girl so you can use your bedding. Happy birthday! Hope it was a great day :) I love ashes bday song wish we could have all heard it.

Sara :-) said...

Too bad you're having a boy so that bedset won't work. I could use it for you so it doesn't get lonely. Yeah, that's a good idea. Go ahead and bring it over next time you come!

Todd and Ashley said...

CUTE crib. Sounds like you are getting prepared for baby #3. You guys look like you are doing well. I try to get on and see people's blogs to see what everyone's up to. Take care.

Danielle Smith said...

Congrats on the upcoming baby! I hope for your sake it's a girl so you can you that adorable bedding!! If it's a girl I say have her share with Ashlynn. My kids have all adjusted really well to sharing rooms with new babies(after they've started sleeping though the night of course!).

Knapp Time said...

Cute crib. We have a hand me down crib that I have been planning on using, but Clint wants to buy a new one. This blog kind of convinced me I should just let him.