I realized that I never wrapped up my post about the Book of Mormon Challenge I started in February. It ended a little over a week ago and I can't express how grateful I am to have done it. I can already see in the short time that I haven't been reading as diligently the difference it makes in my life to stay close to my Savior through scripture study. I have a greater love for the Book of Mormon and all that Joseph Smith had to do to translate it. I also have a greater appreciation for my Savior. Thanks again Jodi for issuing the challenge. I already need to do it again!
Also this weekend was Stake Conference and Elder Holland came to visit. I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't exactly what I got. Although, I know even more now that Elder Holland is a prophet. He was so intense and passionate in his talks to us. He was also very funny and relaxed. Not exactly what you see in General Conference. I can't really quote the things he talked about, but I do know this church is true and I need to work a lot harder and I know my Savior will always be there to help me. It was a great Conference and now I am super stoked for General Conference!
4 comments:
I loved when you shared with the RS that you gave up what not to wear so you could read!!
check your facebook... I wrote an invitation for a baby shower and you are invited. or call me, e-mail whatever to find out more.
Ang,
Reading scriptures is such a wnonderful thing to do, but somehow we all find it so difficult to do read them. I think it's so great that you have decided to take on that challange. I'm sure you've become a lot closer to the Lord in doing so. You're such a wonderful example to Me and i'm so greatful that we're family. I think now(after reading your blog) I'm going to take on the challange and read the scriptures myself! I'll let you know how it goes.
Thanks for being so awesome!
we miss you
I was going to ask how your challenge went...I was trying to do it with you but i got behind - I have been reading every day for more than my normal 5 minutes so that is good, and I am more than half way done :) Thanks for being a great example!
I was only able to go to the adult session Sat. night, but I am SOOOOO glad that I did! It was INCREDIBLE! I wished that everyone I knew could have been there! And you really have inspired me; I think I'll try to get my sisters or somebody to do a B.O.M. challenge with me.
Also, I just wanted to let you know that unloading the dishwasher is my least fav. chore as well. I think it's because that was my chore when I was growing up. Krista likes to help too, but so far she's only mastered the silverware.
Post a Comment