Monday, January 12, 2009

New Years Eve

We spent New Years Eve with the Allred/Wright families at Eric's aunts house. It was so much fun!!! We all brought our favorite pizza toppings and made individual homemade pizzas. We played games and just had fun being together with family and friends. The kids had tons of other little friends to run around with. Tade, especially, loved the air hockey table, even though he lost one game 30-1. I didn't get any pictures from the night. Too lazy I guess. It was really fun though and I am looking forward to 2009 and all it will bring to our family!

I did want to post my recipe (actually Sharalyn Birches) for Texas Caviar because even though Eric hates it, it was a big hit at the party! (Chersten will you make sure your mom gets it? She was the one that asked. Thanks!)

1 can Corn
1 can Black Beans
1 can Black Eyed Peas
Drain the above ingredients. Chop:
1 Green Pepper
4 Tomatoes
1/2 cup Cilantro
3/4 cup Purple onion
Mix everything together with 1 cup Zesty Italian Salad Dressing. Mix well and refrigerate. Serve with your favorite kind of chips.

This makes quite a bit. I hardly ever use what it really calls for on the veggies. You can decide how you like it to taste.

3 comments:

Alli said...

I am glad that you had a great Christmas and a great new year! it is so much fun when the kids know what is going on. Love it! :)

Kelli said...

Mmm, thanks for the recipe! Can't wait to try it out. Have you found out what you are having yet?

Ashley said...

OOO, I am SOOO excited that you posted your recipe! I couldn't get enough of it that night!