Friday, November 11, 2011

Easton's Helmet

Easton has always favored looking to his right side since he was born and because such he developed a flat spot on the back of his head. We tried stretching and positioning, but he still liked that right side. So we decided to get a helmet to help even out the flat spot and have continued with the stretching and positioning to help strengthen his neck muscles for when the helmet gets to come off. He got it on the end of September and we were told it usually needs to be on for about three to four months. Easton's helmet experience has kind of been troublesome since the start (not fitting right, causing little sores, interfering with hearing aides), but we are doing the best we can and he has been a trooper. Hopefully, we will be done with it in a month or so.First they have to do a casting. He HATED this, but he looked really cute!

This is the first day. It looks to me like he is thinking, "What did they get me into this time!"The first week he could barely hold his head up because the helmet was so heavy. Now it is just an added bonus to his physical therapy cause the extra weight is making him so much stronger.He is such a happy baby. We love having him in our family and have been blessed to experience life with him!

2 comments:

Marianne Gappmayer Thayne said...

I loved reading what you wrote about your kids. They are so cute and I just love the last picture of Easton, he looks so big in it. Thanks for sharing, I love to read and catch up!

AmbertheGreat said...

I LOVE this boy, just seeing pictures makes me want to hug and kiss him!!! I am glad that I get to play with him tomorrow. I love all the updates and pictures - you need to post more often :)