Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Swimming Day and Thanksgiving Point


Thanks to all those who came to the swimming day and Thanksgiving Point. We had a fun time and will have to do it again next year. The swim day didn't turn out quite as planned. According to every available source the pool was supposed to open at 1pm, but we went and found out it wasn't going to be open until 3pm. Susan Keller made some heroic efforts to get it open sooner (including climbing a chain link fence at 8 months pregnant), which didn't happen. She did get us in free, however, plus some bucks at the concession stand. We had to play at the park for awhile, but the kids had fun swimming one last time this summer.

Thanksgiving Point went much better. We hit the Farm Country right as it opened. There weren't many people yet so it was great. We has a sack lunch outside the Gardens. Then went in a strolled around for awhile. They were really pretty. I hadn't been there before and I would love to go back. It helped that it wasn't too hot. The weather was perfect. After that I had to take Tade to the Dinosaur Museum. He'd been being very patient. I would have rather gone home, but I knew I wouldn't ever go for full price so we went. It was really fun. Still fairly crowded, but not as bad as it had been that morning. Thanks to Kelli we have some pictures to document the event. Thanks again to all who came!

3 comments:

debdays said...

Looks like fun!

Laura Beers said...

You look great! I love your haircut and you have such a beautiful smile. It makes me want to drive up to UT to go to Thanksgiving Point with you and your family!

Kelli said...

Thanks for the invite. We had a great time.