On August 16th, we went with the Wood Family to the 1st Annual Demolition Derby for the Utah County Fair!!! There were six or seven rounds, with the top two cars advancing from each round, a slug match, the Final, and then a Powder Puff Round. Tade loved it. Ashlynn did not. I thought it was pretty fun until people started getting hurt. Nothing was too serious, but it was still scary. In the Powder Puff round one lady rammed another, flipping the other car, and then landing on it. The lady who hit the other car thought she killed the lady she flipped on to! It was pretty scary. It took 20 minutes to get her out, but she was okay. We might go next year. Tade is still talking about it!
Eric was in a contest where he had to put on a frozen t-shirt. Whoever did it first won $$$ (I think 50 or 100, but I can't remember). Anyway, he didn't win. His shirt was super frozen!
These next three pictures are ones Kelli (or Cory) took and I thought they were too cute not to post!
4 comments:
How fun! We love demo derbies! I actually got to ride in the powder puff 6 years ago for about 2 minutes... Thanks for posting that pic of the girls from the ward. Too cute! I need your email to send that pic of Tade wrapped in the Ute blanket :)
You are such a fun family! Your kids are so cute and I agree that you had to post those pictures because they were too cute to pass up.
I wish we lived closer so we could hang out with you family. I could never run with you because you are out of my league but we could share soda stories or cookie recipes and have play dates with our kids.
OH you guys have so much fun!
I CAN'T Believe the ward is splitting.. HOW SAD!!! You will have to let me know what happens!!
Thanks!
We went to the derby too. I can't believe that Eric was in the frozen t-shirt contest. That was hillarious. I can't wait for next year it was awesome.
Post a Comment