He is getting so big. First grade is winding up. He has learned so much and is lucky enough to make friends really easily. He is a good kid!
Ash is my big helper. She has a September birthday so we still have one more year before Kindergarten. If anyone knows of a good, CHEAPER, preschool, let me know. I need to find something to keep her busy next year.
*JUST AN FYI SIDE NOTE*
Since Easton has been born we have had to get his hearing checked because he didn't pass the newborn screening done in the hospital. After several more checks and additional testing he has been diagnosed with moderate (low tones) to severe (high tones) hearing loss. There are still lots of questions that we have that will hopefully be answered over the next couple weeks as we meet with and ENT and get more testing, but basically he will have to have hearing aids to help him develop his hearing and speech. We are still unsure whether it is a permanent (inner ear) or temporary (middle ear: might be correctable with surgery or a tiny chance that it is just fluid and will fix its self) problem, thus the more testing. The first couple days after finding out, I took the news pretty hard. I was mostly upset at how this challenge was going to effect Easton's life. My biggest question was, Why did this poor baby boy have to have this struggle? I have since then realized that he MUST be pretty SPECIAL for Heavenly Father to know that he can handle something like this. I have done alot of research, talked to a few more people and have really come to realize that Easton's life should be pretty normal, except for the two little aids he will wear in his ears. We have our ENT appointment next week and then we will probably get fitted for the hearing aids after that. Apparently, you have to have a doctors order to get them. I am learning alot of stuff. I need to send out a huge thanks to the family and friends who fasted and prayed for Easton last Fast Sunday. It was amazing the feeling of love and peace we had on that day and since.
3 comments:
What a sweet family! Your kids are so cute!
Great update! What a cute family! Let us know when things have calmed down and you're ready to hang out! Sorry to hear about Easton's trial... My high school friend is going through the exact same thing with her baby girl that is the same age! Hopefully it's only temporary and the hearing aids will help him lead a "normal" life. Keep us posted and let's plan a get together!
Your kids are so cute Angela, and I can't belive you have 4 kids already. That's awesome. I have been bad about checking out friends blogs and I am trying to be better.
Sorry to hear about your sweet baby Easton's hearing loss. I hope all goes well and you are right, he is a special little guy and the Lord knows he can take on this challenge.
Hope everything else is going well for you guys. I saw April this week and she said gave me updates on you and Ashley.
Take Care, Ashley C.
Post a Comment