We (Mom, Tade and Ash) hiked the Y with Grandpa C and the Andersons on Monday. It was harder than I remember, but not so bad that the kids weren't just running up it.
Carter had his 2nd birthday last week and it was a super FUN, SPECIAL day. He is such a ball of energy. You'd think I would be 20 pounds lighter just from trying to keep up with him! His smile is so sweet, mischievous, and contagious. I love this kid!
Mother's Day was a very nice day. I got these beautiful roses thanks to Ashlynn. Apparently, she saw them at the store and just had to get them for me. Thanks Ash! They made my day. :)
We have had lots of things going on the last month or so. We met with the ENT and have had more tests. Easton's hearing loss is definitely sensorineural (permanent), which means while it will never be "fixable" hearing aids should help to amplify sound so with the use of hearing aids he should be able to hear close to "normal." We still have to do some other testing and see a few different doctors, but he did get his hearing aids today so we are excited for that. He cried for ten or more minutes after they were put in because he just wasn't used to the noise. It was really sad and almost made me want to say never mind take them back, but I know in the long run it will be worth it. I am also looking into doing some signing with him. I did a little bit with the other kids, but I will try to do a little more with E, just to add any communication tools we can. He is such a blessing in our family and we love him to pieces.

6 comments:
Sorry to hear about Easton's struggles. I think it's so hard to hear that your baby might have more challenges than you wanted. I had a best friend who wore hearing aids her whole life. She didn't let it get her down. My major in college was Sign Language so if you need any help, call me!
Those have got to be the tiniest things ever! I hope Easton adjusts to them quickly and they will help him. And he is so darling.
I am so sorry for Easton's hearing problems but what a cutie. And yeah for modern medicine and things that can help take care of it!!
I was really hoping it would only be temporary, but what a blessing to know the hearing aids will help! You're such a cute mom, so patient and positive! Keep us posted on his progress!
This is Eric's favorite auntie, and I just found your blog. It has been fun to read about your family.
Remamber, we don't get to pick our trials, just how we let them effect us, and I think that with you and Eric helping him learn and grow, he will do fine, and you will all be blessed through life.
Love, Aunt Debbie
Hello to the Gappmayer family. I hope you don't mind me finding your writing place! I just love reading about my extended family and how they are doing. Your family is so sweet. I love that little Carter--he stole my heart at Chuck A Rama. That must have been so hard for Easton to suddenly hear everything. But at the same time wonderful that he can hear all your voices now. good luck with all the experiences his little journey will bring to your lives.
Love
Aunt Marianne
Post a Comment