Tade keeps asking me that question and I keep telling him that it won't be summer until the baby comes, but today was pretty close! It was somewhere in the 70's and we loved it. Eric got home from work and decided that it was time to cut the grass and make sure the sprinklers were working. I had just gotten back from getting Tade from a friends house when the first set of sprinklers turned on. Tade looked eager to run through the water and I thought WHY NOT? So I told him to have fun. Ashlynn saw how much fun he was having and wanted to join him. She started off toward the center of the lawn and was enjoying the "mist" when all of a sudden the water actually hit her. You'd think she was dying from how loud she started screaming and crying. It was hilarious! Eric and I couldn't stop laughing. She was just frozen in the middle of the lawn afraid to move and get hit again. Eventually, Eric coaxed her out, but I think that will be her last sprinkler experience for awhile. I got some pictures, but not of how sad she really was. Oh well! P.S. Did anybody elses mom make them lie on the cement to get dry before they could come in the house? It seems like we always had to share one towel.


6 comments:
I love it! They get so excited, then their dreams are just dashed on the "cliffs of despair." It will get cold again many more times. Then June will hit and it will be in the 90s everyday. Then you will wish that you had a spring baby instead, haha. Well, that's been my experience, haha.
My kids keep asking for the summer too! How fun! They are sure growing up. so cute! you only have 5 weeks left you lucky dog you! Best of luck with everything! :)
That was one my remember whens for bobbi... Did you steal it?
Poor Ashes! That is funny though, I love how they get in the middle and then don't want to run out of it. My mom made me dry off on the cement too! Maybe they are related :) So anytime you want to go walking let me know :)
That's classic. I am surprised that I did not hear her scream. I remember laying our towels out on the concrete and then laying on them until we were dry. We always had our own towel though. Great memories!
How fun for the kids!!! What fun!! Yeah for the warm weather!!!
Post a Comment