Many of you already know that I am super stressed because my doctor is going out of town for the last two weeks before I'm due and I'm not too happy about his on-call doctors. I asked him to induce me before he goes, but because of hospital policy (blah, blah, blah) he can't induce until 39 weeks, which is NO help to me. Well, today was my 36 week appointment and I went in hoping that when he checked me I would be somewhere around 2-3 cms and 80% effaced. No such luck! I was barely a one and he wouldn't even give me a percentage number. Great! How am I going to have this kid before he leaves with those kind of numbers. This is where the advice comes in, PLEASE!!! Any tips or tricks would be appreciated.
I also thought it would be fun to do a little guessing game for this kid. Height, weight, gender, delivery day, and time of delivery are the five categories. Just to give you a little background, I am due May 25th. Tade came 10 days early at 4pm(ish), weighed 7-6, and was 20 inches long. Ashlynn came eight days early at 2pm(ish), weighed 7-10, and was also 20 inches long. I have NO clue if this is a boy or a girl. I go back and forth all the time. My original thought was girl only because Eric's sister did the pencil lead arm test thing and has been right so far and girl is what is predicted next. But I also checked the Chinese calendar (which was correct for Tade and Ash too) and that predicted boy. So your guess is as good as mine. My prediction is as follows: 20 inches, 7-4, girl, May 14th, 3:17pm. GOOD LUCK!!!
P.S. If you want to throw any names suggestions out there I would appreciate that too. It's hard to think of names when you don't know what's coming!
16 comments:
OH MAN.. I so wish I was you! ha ha. I want to be done.. ugh.. all well, I guess I will live!
Ok so here is my guess.
you will have a GIRL and she will be born on May 17th at 3 pm ish and she will be 7-13 and 19 1/2 inches tall..
Good luck. I hope you are able to have it before your doc goes out of town. that is my biggest worry having a summer baby! He better not go ANYWHERE!! ugh.
Yeah!!! I love this game. A boy, on May 12th, 6'12", 7:20 am, 20 inches.
You are the best!! good luck. hey, I heard that castor oil does wonders...but you wont even care about the baby because you will be so sick. Maybe try a few rounds on the trampoline.
Best wishes!!!!
Boy May 10th 10 am. I played basketball and the next morning my water was broke.... its worth a try. Good luck! I am secretly hoping he will be a boy so him and Tyson will be friends. :)
Okay, this is not going to be PG rated. To get this baby out you need sex, sex and more sex. But don't pee right after or anything like that, go to sleep. I did that with Rosaline and she was two weeks early. Not only can it induce labor, but it thins the membranes so that your water might break more easily. Maybe you should just send the kids away for a week so that you can focus on the task at hand, haha. I have a special baby predicting gift and I am feeling girl. I have been wrong once our of about 15-20 babies. Good luck! Let me know how it goes and if you need anything(SERIOUSLY!) good luck!
Dug
I forgot to put a few things about how to get this little one here.. now, note, I tried all this with Kiersten and she was 4 days late.. so it didn't work. Am SOO hoping it works this time.. but
1-I heard Rasberry Tea works
2-WALK WALK until you start contracting.. then stop.. then walk some more.
3- Castrol oil but, it makes you soo sick and have vomit and poo coming out so that isn't fun.. for you or the doc.
4-sex, sex and more sex.. just like Danielle said.
5- maybe jump on a tramp.. ha ha. Man, if anything works please let me know I would love to have my baby a few weeks early.. I don't want anymore 9 lbers! ugh..
Best of luck! :)
Who's your doctor?? I hope that everything goes smoothly. Also, I have no advice for how to get the ball rolling on labor because I have yet for that to happen with me...:) One piece of advice I have though from a medical stand point, it's never a good idea after sex to hold in your pee. That (especially with pregnancy) just has urinary tract infection written all over it...but you should know that being a nurse! :)
Ok, here's my prediction. I think: may 19th
noon-ish
BOY
19" long
7lbs 7 oz
BEST OF LUCK! My thoughts are with you!! Advice? um, sex and walking.
My sister was Due May 11th and she had her baby April 16th. The night before she went into labor she did 100 squats. She swears that is what put her into labor. She was only dilated to a 1 also. (her first baby was 2 weeks early) but this one was almost 4 weeks early so I say do some Squats and see what happens!!
I had no idea you didn't know what you were having. I couldn't hold out. I would have to know!
OK, my guess is it's a girl, born on May 13th around 2:00 weighing
7-3. Sorry I have no tips for you. good luck!
Ok my guess is a boy, May 15th, weighing 7lbs 12 oz, and 20 inches long. Good luck with a name- we're struggling too and we even know what it is! :) Keep us posted!
My guess is May 19th, 7 lbs 10oz and 20" long. Now the name is obvious:
Girl- Laura
Boy- Lauren
As for having the baby I can't give you any tips because both of mine were C-sections and the first one I was induced a week after my due date then I had a surprise C-section.
I would recommend eating tons of cafe rio and then your baby will wonder what that delicious food is and try to come out and see. That way you can have the baby and then immediately return back to eating Cafe Rio.
I hope that helps.
I'm SO excited for you, and I hope you don't worry too much about your doctor going out of town. I TOTALLY understand worrying about doctors and I feel for you... I hope everything works out for the best.
I really think the baby will come around the 21st, but I don't want you to hate me and I definitely don't want to jinks you. So, I'll say May 17th (that was Krista's due date) at around 3 pm. I think you're having a girl and I think she'll be 19 1/2 inches long and weigh 7-13.
And trust me, I've tried everything there is to try to get my girls to come early. Sex seemed to work the best, but I was doing EVERYTHING, so who knows what really got the ball rolling. My friend who is a massage therapist told me that new studies have shown that unilateral nipple stimulation is most effective (I never thought it was very helpful). She also showed me some pressure points in your feet that you can massage, and I know a lot of other people who swear by pedicures and foot massages to start labor. I have her card if you want it! GOOD LUCK!!!
The chinese conception chart worked for both of my kids too, so I am going to go with it and say you are having a boy. around 7-5 on may 13th at 10 pm and 20 inches. No name help. We have such a hard time figuring out our own names. You have picked cute names so far, so your guess will be better then mine. Good luck. So frusting I know, but it will all work out just fine. DOn't stress, or....do and the baby will come sooner. :) J/K. You want a healthy kid right, so try to relax, and it will all work out just fine.
Wow lots of good advice! Heres mine. Go get a massage, my water broke with Briggs that night after one. Also it feels awesome! Will your doctor strip your membranes? That worked with the other two, my water broke within a couple of days. Sex of course, but it usually just gave me annoying contractions. Sounds like you are trying a VBAC too, good luck! It was awesome. K now for the day I say 19th, 6 days early to follow the trend, 10, 8 etc. at 1am a boy 8-2. Then we both have boy, girl boy!! Good luck, call me when you have him!!
I'm going to say it's a boy, born on May 13th at 10:34am weighing 7 lbs. 2. oz. and 19 inches long. (that's what mine was only in March, hee hee :)
As for going into labor, my water broke with all three of mine...the first was right after shooting hoops and then pushing a heavy box under my bed and with my other two I was just sitting on my couch doing nothing (in the exact same place actually!) but I had carried 3 heavy loads of laundry up the stairs earlier that day with both of them. Coincidence? Probably. But I like to say that it helped my water break.
So I would suggest lifting as many heavy things as you can and head for the court! Good luck! I can't wait to find out what you are having!!!
Post a Comment