Monday, November 3, 2008
Does Anybody Know What Time It Is?
That's right folks. The Gappmayer family showed up for church an hour early yesterday. Here's how it happened............We were running late (or so we thought). Eric and I threw the kids in the car, got ourselves buckled, and headed over to the church. Tade and I got out first and ran inside because of the rain. I made it in the first set of doors and looked up a little confused. I could see into the Chapel and it looked like the meeting had already started. We weren't that late and I didn't recognize the people on the last few benches. The people in the lobby were unfamiliar too. By this point, Tade was through the first set of doors and opening the second set . "TADE," I whispered really loudly. "Come here." I turned around and took off back to the car. I ran into Eric, who was looking confused. I explained that I thought we had forgotten it was daylight savings and we were either an hour early or an hour late. (At this point, I didn't know which. Spring forward, Fall back. It is all so confusing.) I thought Tade had been following, but he wasn't. Eventually, he came out. I got the kids in the car and made Eric go check out if we needed to go back in. We realized we were an hour early so we went home, played Rook for a half hour and then headed back to church. I was laughing so hard. I can't believe we did that. Oh well! I'm sure everyone does it once in their lifetime. That was our turn!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
HA HA HA HA HA.. Amazingly we have done that!! :) so don't feel to bad. I forgot also until I looked at my cell phone and thought.. what the?? and then it hit.. ohhhh.. ha ha. Funny story!!
That is so funny, because we did the same thing. We thought that there must be something wrong. We almost turned on the radio to see if there was something crazy going on.
So funny! We haven't done this YET, but ya never know!
An hour early is better than an hour late like Tommy and I last Spring :)
Post a Comment