For the past couple years Eric has been involved in the teachers vs 6th graders basketball game at one of the schools he counsels at. I have never been able to attend, as it always seems to be on the day I work (I think cause Eric doesn't want me to come embarrass him). This year, however, it was scheduled on a Monday so I packed up the three kids that weren't in school at the time and headed over to watch.
All I can say is that it was so sad!!! The poor little 6th graders got killed by the teachers. They didn't even stand a chance. These weren't just any 6th graders. The last month or so the students picked teams and then had a tournament to see who got to play the teachers. So they were technically "the best" 6th grade team. I kind of thought that they might have a chance cause they weren't little boys (They were all taller than me.), but I should know that I can't even get a shot over Eric so what makes me think that these boys will be able to either.
Even though it was sad to watch, it was pretty fun also. The boys, who had been talkin' smack for the last few weeks, got put into their place. The teachers looked like amazing athletes and the other 6th graders had fun watching!
| Not the best picture, but you get the idea! :) |
1 comment:
haha! So cute that the kids think they have a chance! :-) was it 3 on 3?
Post a Comment