Saturday, January 19, 2013

Out With The Old And In With The New



It is always bittersweet to switch out running shoes. (I am writing this like I'm a real runner when in reality I still consider myself a "fake" runner.:)) I go through a lot with my running shoes. Lots of miles. A few races. A few pounds off. Running has become something really special for me. It is the time when I get to get away, visit with friends, or just think about life and things I need/want to change. This last set of shoes is even a little more special because the half marathon I ran in them was a big emotional thing for me. I set a goal and was able to accomplish it even when I didn't think I could. Unfortunately, shoes wear out though. So I will make new memories in the new ones and fondly remember the old ones. (I wrote this over a month ago and haven't posted it  because I couldn't get pictures to upload. Now that I have, I am realizing that I haven't gotten very many miles in since I wrote it, but I hope to get back to my old glory days. :))


2 comments:

Shelly said...

Nothing like some bright shoes to get you motivated, huh? Love it!

Marianne Gappmayer Thayne said...

I know exactly what you mean! I still have the pair I wore in my first 1/2 marathon and even though they are worn out, I can't get rid of them. I like your blue ones!