Friday, January 1, 2010

A New Year

I have been struggling with not thinking that I have the Spirit with me as much as I should, but this quote was the Daily Gem today and it made me realize I just need to keep trying and listening and then do what it right. Happy New Year!

"I am convinced that there is no simple formula or technique that would immediately allow you to master the ability to be guided by the voice of the Spirit. Our Father expects you to learn how to obtain that divine help by exercising faith in Him and His Holy Son, Jesus Christ. Were you to receive inspired guidance just for the asking, you would become weak and ever more dependent on Them. They know that essential personal growth will come as you struggle to learn how to be led by the Spirit."Richard G. Scott, "To Acquire Spiritual Guidance," Ensign, Nov. 2009, 6–7

2 comments:

Laura Beers said...

Angela,
That is so weird that you used that quote. My Mom just gave a lesson in YW and used this talk and it was amazing. It made me realize how far I have to go. It made me think and I am excited to start applying Elder Scott's talk in my life.

I wish I was living in UT with you! You would definitely make me a better person. I would probably just follow you around and take notes on what you do.

-Laura

Ashley said...

I really like that quote, it was nice to read. I just wanted to ask for your address because I am flying to Utah in March for a baby shower and would LOVE to have you there. You can email at: a.christensen55@gamil.com

Hope all is well.