Monday, December 8, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree, How Lovely Are Thy Branches

We decorated the tree last week for FHE. The kids did all the decorating and they had so much fun. Tade convinced me to put candy canes on it. I told them that as soon as one got touched we would throw all of them away. Surprisingly, they have totally left them alone. It is fun to see their excitement grow as they realize Christmas is getting closer.

We have been trying to think of good presents that we can give Jesus, since it is His birthday. Yesterday, at church Tade looked at me and said, "I know a good present for Jesus."

"What," I asked?

"We can share the Gospel." It was so sweet and simple and he really meant it. He is such a good example to me. I am grateful to have been blessed with such wonderful kiddies!

5 comments:

Alli said...

looks wonderful! What cute kids you have :) . Good answer Tade

Lindzie said...

Tade always has such good answers. It sure made me realize that "the gospel" and "Jesus" are what are most important in a lot of things, not just Christmas. This is why I missed teaching Tade in Sunbeams. :) Kyle and I always enjoyed his answers. He's a good kid. I love the tree and the candy canes...maybe I need to come over and have a little snack! :)

ashley said...

AWW! I love the sweet innocence of youth! The other day Dan told Krista we needed to go buy wrapping paper and she responded, "So we can wrap Jesus' birthday presents?" I hope she comes to understand as Tade has that Jesus wants us to give him things we can't necessarily wrap!

timnrach said...

How cute!!! I love the things kids say. He is such a cute little Sunbeam!!

Romney Family said...

they did a great job decorating the tree!! Kid sure are great examples to us!!!