Wednesday, January 16, 2008

ADVICE

It seems like it has been awhile since I have written anything on my blog so I thought I would write a post asking for some advice. I just finished card club for the month and FHE club for the quarter, which both happened to land on the same night. I don't know why I do such clubs because I end up waiting until the last minute to get things done and am always stressed about it. Eric is usually begging my to just "get out" because he doesn't like to see me stressed (actually, I think it is because the house ends up being a total mess and he has to do the laundry), but I always stay in after I get my cards and see how wonderful they are.
I just got put in as the Enrichment Assistant after a five month break from my release from the Primary (hooray: I loved the Primary, but it was a good time to get out). I am trying to think of different ways to get more sisters involved in some of the said "clubs" because we have so many new people and I don't feel like the sisters are getting to know each other as well as we all should. So what I need to know is what kind of clubs are you doing in your wards and how are they organized? Any advice would be great. Also any ideas for the R.S. Birthday party in March would be really helpful.

4 comments:

Mike Clement said...

Jennifer does a playgroup once a month that I think technically is one of the "enrichment" activities.

In our last ward they used to do a craft night which was just getting together at the chapel to work on whatever craft project you had at the time and chat. They also did a needlework specific night where you brought a cross stitch, knitting or other project.

Good luck!

AmbertheGreat said...

Nice New calling! Our ward does a bunch of different things...not that I make it to any of them...but they have a cooking exchange night and a game night - those are both fun ones

BRITT said...

Man I miss all of those fun things in that ward. Card night was fun when it was over because I always waited until last minute. I have no advice for you but it sounds like a calling that you will do great in.
So my strep in gone so maybe we can hang out this week I will come there or you can come here. I will call you on Monday. Hope you guys are doing good!

Jaimie said...

Don't we all love Enrichment :) We do a book club once a month and it is pretty popular. We also do playgroup at the park during the summer. We do mini classes during the month where we find sister's talents and get a little group to come and learn a new talent. This month is making cinnamon rolls!!
(By the way this is Jaimie --Amber's friend--I hope you don't mind my comments :)