Thanks to a great idea from our home teacher a couple of General Conferences ago, we started this tradition to keep the kids quite and hopefully help them listen to the speakers. Each session we pick 3-4 words that get assigned a treat bowl. When one of the speakers says one of these words, the kids get to pick a treat from the respective bowl. It works pretty well and the kids LOVE it.
Another tradition we have is the "musical run". Anytime there is a musical number the kids get up and do as many laps around the island and dining room table as they can. They also earn treats for this and it is a great way to burn some energy.
I tried to get a decent picture of us all watching Conference together. It took a few tries and some threats of no more treats, but finally I got a decent enough one! Loved the Spirit I felt this weekend as I was reminded of Gospel truths and heard testimonies from Prophets. Thankful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Ashlynn's President Monson drawing. She, Tade, and Carter are in the picture also.
Tade's President Monson drawing. I had to beg him to do it. I am glad I got this much from him! :)
2 comments:
Fun traditions! It's amazing how well candy can keep a kid quiet. :)
love the conference Ideas!! we always do conference bingo with candy as the game pieces and it works for my kiddos but I might have to try these two ideas next time!
Post a Comment