I know it has been FOREVER! Sorry, life is super busy. The last few months have flow by with Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. Oh, and we sold our house and moved too. All of the holidays were great fun. I love spending time with family and friends. Plus, Eric always has work off so that is an added bonus. After our sale fell through in October, I didn't think we would ever sell the house. We were getting one to two people looking at it a week before the October offer, but after we only got two people total. Well, I guess the saying, "It only takes one." is true. We got an offer the 2nd week in December and they wanted us out before the end of the year. We weren't planning on closing until the 27th of December, but the buyers really pushed us and we ended up closing the 23rd. Because of the holiday though it didn't fund until the 28th and then we had 48 hours after that to get out. It was a crazy week. A HUGE thanks to my mom for taking the kids so that I could help Eric as much as possible and also to all the family who helped or offered (Eric is kind of stubborn and wanted to do a lot of it himself). The last day was a mad dash of stuffing things in boxes and trying to clean, but it got done. We have belongings in three different locations. Most at a storage unit, some at Eric's mom's, and the rest with us at our ONE bedroom rental.
We are renting because we are building a house and it won't be done until February so we got a little place to hold us over until then. It is working out pretty good. The kids are in the bedroom and Eric and I get the living room/dining room/office. Carter has been sick and so he has not been adjusting very well. Last night was the first time he slept through the night in TWO weeks. And by not sleeping I mean up every hour for most of the hour and then 10-15 minute naps in between. Needless to say I was ELATED when we finally got some sleep last night. I hope it will last tonight (and forever)!
I went to the doctor today and everything is looking good with the baby. One of my middle appointments got cancelled so I haven't been in for over five weeks. I figured things where okay, but I was a little worried about the results of the glucose test. I have been eating horribly and I love treats. Luckily it was fine and I have even lost a pound, which is super surprising since we've had Thanksgiving, a little trip to Vegas, Christmas and New Years since I've been there. I think that is the first time I have lost weight during the holidays. I guess stress will do that to you. The baby is growing though as is evident by my HUGE stomach.
The house we are building is somewhat on schedule. Our finish date was February 17th, but I think with the weather that has been pushed back. They haven't given us a new date yet, but they have weekly meetings so hopefully we will get one before the end of the week.
There is probably more to say, but this is already super long and boring. I don't know when I will get pictures up. I think my camera cord got packed away to the storage unit. I am still taking them though and someday will get a ton posted.
4 comments:
If I'd known what was going on I'd have 1) helped you guys out with your move (Eric was super helpful with ours) and 2) offered for you guys to come and stay with us while you wait for your house... hope everything works out. Let me know when you need help with the final move to the new place!
I had no idea you guys were moving until after it happened! It sounds like it went really fast. I hope things don't take too much longer with the new house.
Kelli mentioned to me that she wants to get together too, so hopefully it happens really soon!
Congratulations on the sale.. and the soon to be new home. Super fun!! and Congratulations on the new baby sooN! 4 is fun! Glad to hear things are going pretty good for you! I hope you continue to be able to sleep!! :)
glad you are mostly surviving! Hope Carter starts sleeping more
Post a Comment