Thursday, July 31, 2008

FIESTA DAYS 10K


Marissa and I did the 10K on the 24th and it went really well. I finished in 56 minutes and 32 seconds. I finished 132nd overall and 25th in my age group. It was a pretty run down in the river bottoms. We still didn't win a prize in the raffle, but I figure our chances are getting better and better. Next is the half marathon! Ahhh, I still can't believe she talked me in to it, but it will be good! I am really excited. Only three and a half more weeks.

5 comments:

Alli said...

Oh my gosh girl! YOU GO! that is so awesome! I am slowly starting to run! I HATE IT.. but, I am noticing such a difference that I just have to keep it up..

Ashley said...

Ang, Yeah good job!! Good luck on the half! Here is my advice make sure you have full batteries in all devices and go potty before!! Don't eat a heavy dinner the night before either! I can't wait to do another myself! Check out our blog too. We are trying it out.
Ash

Ashley said...

I cannot believe how awesome you guys are! I'm jealous; maybe someday I will be as cool as you! I don't think I could run one block! You really are an inspiration! Good luck on the 1/2 marathon!

Sarah L. said...

Good Job with the 10k. I miss running there. At the half marathon they will have people working at the buses watching for people who get on and making sure they have numbers. Here is your key. . they are usually very unorganized and they have one or two people waiting at the buses. Just look where the people are loading the bus and go back further in the line and load a bus that no one is watching. Last year it was my job to look for numbers and tons of people loaded other buses while I wasn't watching. So be sneaky and there shouldn't be a problem. Or just tell Marissa to wear a number from a different race so it looks like she got a number for that race. Good Luck.

AmbertheGreat said...

Wow, nice run! i can't believe you are doing a half, that is awesome - you should be able to run Wasatch Back next year!

So, why don't you need the crib? Ashes is getting old enough, she needs a sister :) :) :) hahaha

I love all the pictures. i always check waiting for the big moment when there will be a lot of updates!!!