Okay, so I know it has been forever since I posted last. Life has been crazy lately! It is 3am and I am at work on Mom/Baby at UVRMC so I thought I would at least write a little update. Sorry, no pictures! I will try to get some up soon though.
Eric is almost done with school. YEA!!! He finished his internship hours a week and a half ago and on May 8th he will be totally done with his Masters of School Counseling. Unfortunately, there are no counseling positions avaliable for next year yet. So the plan is to go back to Park Elementary and teach 4th grade, unless anything opens up in the mean time. He has been taking Tuesday classes so he hasn't been to Bishopric in five weeks, but he'll be back in April. It's been nice to have him home during the day. He does the laundry and dishes and also watches the kids so I can go to my favorite class at the gym. He's a great husband/father and I love him very much.
Tade is doing well also. We have decided to quit the thumb sucking battle. We promised him he could have two kitties if he would stop sucking his thumb. He did well for awhile, but has regressed a lot lately. WHATEVER!!! I am so sick of it that I don't care anymore. We've tried yucky stuff also, but he usually just sucks it off. We took his lovey puppy away and that didn't even work! If anyone has any ideas I would be glad to hear them.
Ashlynn is the same little diva as always. Eric is trying to teach her to share, but she hates it. It's more of a teasing thing on his part because he'll sit there and ask, but she just cries and cries or yells no. One day I am sure she'll master it, but not anytime soon. It's usually food that he's trying to get from her and I can't blame her for not wanting to share. I hate sharing my food too!
I'm doing great also. Still doing two shifts a month at night on the floors and then one or two shifts a week during the day in IV Therapy. It's busy, but with Eric home now it is working out well. I hope this is enough for now. I'll try to put some pictures up soon.
8 comments:
thanks for the update :)
Sounds like you guys are doing great. We need to get together again. Noah loves to play with Tade. (And I love getting to chat with you.)
Busy Busy. I have no idea what to do to get Taders to stop sucking his thumb. Maybe just cut it off :) Good luck
Thanks for the update. You sound BUSY! I still want pictures though.
It was fun to hear from you on my blog! I'm so bad at keeping in touch. Let me know if you get any good ideas on the thumb sucking battle. Annie will be 3 in June, and she is way addicted to sucking her thumb!
Hey Angela,
I wish I had time to read your whole blog, but there's only so many hours in one day...dang it! I DID however, read what you said about little Tade's thumb sucking. And this is what I have to say about it: don't worry!! Really. We poor mom stress and stress about what's right for our kids (myself included). He'll give it up when it's time. He's still so young. Dayne is 2 1.2 and way addicted to her binkie. The problem with that is half the time we can't even find it so she's in meltdown mode. Some kids really need that sucking more than others. When I'm not making a big stink about it, Dayne actually asks for it less. Good luck. SOrry for such a long comment!
you should post more pictures!
I have tagged you! Check out my blog for the details :)
Post a Comment